Ania is a registered, certified speech-language pathologist, specializing in orofacial myofunctional therapy and literacy development, who completed her education at the University of Alberta, earning a bachelor of science degree in chemistry and genetics, and a master of science degree in speech-language pathology.
She holds a current registration with Alberta College of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (ACSLPA), a regulatory body for the professions of speech-langauge pathology and audiology in Alberta, and memberships with Speech-Language & Audiology Canada (SAC), a national organization which supports and represents speech-language pathologists, audiologists and communication health assistants, Alberta’s Association of Private Practice Speech-Language Pathologists (ASAPP) which provides the public with a private practice roster, and the International Association of Orofacial Myology (IAOM), a multidisciplinary organization dedicated to improving diagnosis and treatment of orofacial myofunctional disorders.
Ania’s most recent experience with children includes work in the areas of literacy, speech sounds and oromyofunctional disorders. With adults and older adults her work includes communication improvement after stroke, improvements of speech and voice for individuals with Parkinson’s disease, assessment of feeding & swallowing disorders, oromyofunctional disorders, and accent modification management.
In her life outside of speech-language therapy, she enjoys travel, books, crafts and two cats – Birch and Poplar.
– Modified Barium Swallow Impairment Profile (MBSImP), 2012, 2017
– Langmore Foundation FEES Course, 2019
– SA Swallowing Services Advanced FEES Course, 2020
– Carolina Speech Pathology Beyond the Scope: A Self-Study FEES Interpretation Practice, 2020
– McNeil Dysphagia Therapy Program (MDTP), 2019
speech & voice
– Speak Out! – Parkinson Voice Project
– Introduction to Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy, 2020
– Treating Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders: Beyond the Symptoms, 2021
– Tongue Thrust and Beyond – A Myofunctional Therapy Course, 2021
– Accent on Canadian English (ACE) ™ Training Program, 2016