Elene is a registered, certified speech-language pathologist, specializing in orofacial myofunctional therapy and speech therapy. She graduated from the University of Alberta in 2012 with a Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology after earning a Bachelor of Arts degree with a Psychology major and Sociology minor from the University of British Columbia – Okanagan Campus.
She holds a current registration with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of British Columbia (CSHBC), a regulatory body for the professions of speech-language pathology and audiology in British Columbia, and memberships with Speech-Language & Audiology Canada (SAC), a national organization which supports and represents speech-language pathologists, audiologists and communication health assistants, Speech and Hearing BC, which provides the public with a private practice roster, and the International Association of Orofacial Myology (IAOM) and and the Academy of Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy (AOMT), multidisciplinary organizations dedicated to improving diagnosis and treatment of orofacial myofunctional disorders,
Elene’s experience includes working with clients of all ages diagnosed with speech and/or language disorders, orofacial myofunctional disorders, hearing impairment, Autism Spectrum Disorder, learning disabilities, cognitive delays, and fluency concerns.
In her life outside of speech-language therapy, she enjoys travel, reading, crafting, hiking, and yoga.
– Understanding the Orofacial Complex (IAOM, 2022)
– Introduction to Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy & Assessment (Simon Says, 2021)
– Introduction to Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy (AOMT, 2021)
– Treating Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders: Beyond the Symptoms (Linda D’Onofrio, 2021)
– Introduction to Orofacial Myofunctional Disorder (Joy Moeller, 2021)
– Oromyofunctional Disorders: Evaluation & Treatment (Linda D’Onofrio, 2021)
– Differential Diagnosis (Linda D’Onofrio, 2021)
SPEECH SOUND DISORDERS
– Complete R Remediation (Char Boshart, 2021)
– Twenty Interventions for Speech Sound Disorders: A Guide for Selection and Implementation (Lynn Williams, 2021)
– Motor Planning: It’s Impact on Speech and Language (Joleen Fernald, 2021)
– Childhood Apraxia of Speech: Intervention in Practice (Speech & Hearing BC, 2020)
– Exploring Childhood Apraxia of Speech: Navigating Assessment and Designing Treatment (Lisa B. Mitchell, 2018)
– Cueing and Scripting Motor Speech Skills to Expressive Language in Childhood Apraxia of Speech (Kaufman, 2013)